Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jerome!

On Friday I met with Jerome.  See, every once in a while, I check out Craigslist to see if I can pick up on any cool gear for cheap (this is how I got my $50 Nikon SLR)...but I took a detour and saw an ad from a Jerome who wanted to really assist a wedding photographer.  I'm a vibes person...and words send out vibes...even typed words...and I felt a certain good vibe.  So, I e-mail Jerome...and schedule to meet with him on Friday at Native Sun.  We meet...we talk...I learn that his girlfriend in NC is into wedding photography...but over the phone guidance wasn't suffice for Jerome.  We have good, strong conversation...he's eager...and I like that...b/c I'm eager.  I ask if he's available the next day...he says yes...just like that.  As we part...I mention a shoot that I have to go to...he asks if he could come...and the vibes were so good, I say absolutely.   He helps...carry stuff...shield me from rain...I give insight...we talk...walk...I show him one time how to set my lights...now fast forward to Saturday.  Ceremony is over...formals are done...we're crunched on time...I say Jerome...I'm going to take the bride and groom for a few private shots...can you set up my lights for the reception...he confidently says yes...and before I'm even done with the few private shots, he's back...I walk into the reception area...and the lights are up as I requested!!!  Not to mention...lead photographer decided to stay in the aisle during the ceremony...well, that didn't afford me the best angles...but guess who did...guess who had my back...I had no time to roam...10 minute ceremony means you stay close to home...don't miss the rings and kiss...stay in the middle...well, Jerome got the killer shots...we also divided and conquered...look below...the bride is getting her dress laced...I got to run...he stays with the fellas...I come back and he's on a bench...doing whatever to get the shot...ambitious...I like!

Sorry for the long post...but Jerome bailed me out...he had my back...he isn't afraid...and he knows how the play the role of the 2nd shooter...I'm thankful for my detour on Craigslist...here's a few pics of Jerome at work...and laughter!


Self Portrait?



Oh...Jerome shoots with Nikon gear...finally I get to work with someone who uses the same gear! He even has an 85mm 1.8...I'm envious.

1 comment:

  1. Haha.. Thanks for the props in this blog. You're right, I'm very eager to learn more about photography. Thanks for giving me a chance. Killer shots? Well..I don't know about that.. You'll have to see them on a bigger screen first...

    ReplyDelete