Sunday, November 9, 2008

Elizabeth & Jonathan's Wedding!

So I had an exciting weekend.  I captured a wedding in video for my final project in my video production class...makes sense...but I also captured it with my other cameras!  Yes, I posted an ad that I needed to video a wedding so that I could use for my class...Barbara responded...her son was getting married...so win, win situation....I get to complete my project, they get coverage that other wise they wouldn't have had.  Barbara did have a photographer...a student or something who also posted an ad to shoot a wedding for free to build his portfolio???  But then he switched it on them and asked for $800....bad business.

So I decided to bring my stills (my regular cameras) and try to do double duty...well, Garry was my 2nd videographer...he helped a lot! But I still tried to do both!  This pushed me to places I have never been.  I didn't have time to set up my shots a certain way...I didn't have time to set up my lights, etc....I had to use what ever the environment had to offer....I mean, I shot the whole reception w/o flash...we did have studio lights and a couple of soft boxes...but this reception was outside...and video cameras and still cameras interpret light differently...video cameras are much more forgiving...thank God or Nikon for some serious noise reduction on 2000 ISO -photographer jargon...  

Anyway, this was the most freestyle wedding I have ever shot...I was just shooting...making the most of the environment...a great experience for me....thank you Barbara, Elizabeth, and Jonathan....here's just  few....

Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment