Saturday, November 22, 2008

Long Live Buck...

Ok, so today I got to do something I have never done before (this happens quite often).  
Let me preface...I have always had this attitude that when your pet passes away...he/she passes away...you move on...it's not like a family member passing...

My perspective on this started changing not too long ago...see, I have this cat...sofia...she's been in the household for 8 years!  She was a gift for my wife's birthday from her sister...little did sister-in-law know that I was allergic to cats!  But what are you going to do?  Pull her out of the closet when the sister-in-law comes to visit?

Anyway, sofia might as well have been my gift...ever since she came into the house, she's clung on to me...when I would get ready for work, she used to jump up my pant legs trying to grab my belt as I was putting it on.  She sleeps on me...see used to "knead" my socks...she's just always gravitated to me...thank the Creator above for taking away my allergies.........now 8 years later, I have to say, sofia is my buddy...and when she has to leave this world, I will be very sad...

So back to what I got to do today, that I have never done before...my friend (and co-worker from my rat race job) has this dog...Buck...she's had him since he was a little pup...she showed me pictures of him when he was tiny...when he ran with buffalo...and got to hang-out in his Colorado backyard with his buddies...well, unfortunately, Buck has developed a malignant tumor...and he's terminal...so Alison, his mother, had to make a very hard decision...Buck will soon be experiencing much pain and discomfort with no hope ahead...so Alison decided to put him to sleep before the inevitable occurs...in this coming week, Buck will be put to sleep and sent on his way to "doggie heaven", nirvana, paradise, or whatever you want to call it...but he'll be there...

So, what did I do...I took pictures of him so Alison can treasure forever...

This was the first time I have ever met Buck...he was cool...mellow...maybe introspective...I'm going to miss him too...hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. I love buck! You did a great job capturing his spirit, I know she will treasure these...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete