Sunday, September 13, 2009

Colorado Day #5...last day...

So I didn't blog my last day in Colorado...I didn't get any real cool fotos that I could share...b/c I shot most of that day in film...so we'll have to wait and see.

Regardless, that last day was exciting like the previous 4 days! Friday morning we left Estes Park and stopped by some really small towns! A couple of towns were located on a Dirt Road!!! What an awesome strategy to prevent growth! We went through Pinewood Forest, Allenspark, Jamestown, and Nederland. The land up there was nice. Beautiful valleys...with grasses...and rocks in the mixture (could you imagine having a giant rock in your backyard!). After that we returned back to Boulder...checked a couple of surrounding towns in the 'flat zones'....walked a trail on the side of the mountains...got our hotel, and ate some fantastic Thai Food (Pad Thai & a Peanut Sauce/rice/veggies dish).

To wrap things up, it was very hard to come home. I love the mountains! It's like home...I feel really FREE up there. The air is so smooth to breathe in...the sights are beautiful...it's therapy! But the ironic thing is that I have a super fear of heights! See, there's a friend of my father's side of the family...a very eclectic and spiritual person...he discovered my super fear of heights in his high rise condo (this was like 7 years ago!)...anyway, he told me that in my past lifetime I must have gone out by falling from some high place! So I joke around and tell my wife that I was a super nice mountain goat...but rather clumsy. This explains why I came back as a human and why I feel like the mountains are home!

Until Such Time, Colorado...perhaps I can return home...

No comments:

Post a Comment