Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day #4 - Colorado

Day #4...and thank this hotel owner for having some wireless internet! So this morning we left Granby...and went off the main road to scope out some land. We saw some awesome land for sale up in the hills (8,000-9,000 feet above sea level)...but the temperatures are extreme...regardless, it was beautiful!

After we scoped out some land, we entered Rocky Mountain National Park. At first we were in a valley for quite a while...I was cool...and then we started climbing...I was still cool...and then we hit a spot where there were no trees...but I was cool b/c I was on the other side of the road...until a switchback! Then the cliff was on my side...no trees...no barriers...just air...a little earth, but not much...for 45 minutes of driving.

Here's some fotos through the park...I can't wait to return to do some hiking...

Mountains...lot's of them...

My Foto - Park's Foto

A little education: The water in the foto on the left drains in our ocean...the water in the foto on the right drains in the Pacific Ocean...all within a few hundred yards of each other - The Continental Divide!

Elk at the bottom near Estes Park...we ate lunch down the road, where another herd ran by us by about 200-300 yards!

No comments:

Post a Comment