Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chicago - Day #4

How do I start this blog entry? Ok, today (which was yesterday) my father got married! I was the best man...and I took a few fotos! It was pretty special to fotograph my sister helping my father with his cufflinks...and my father dancing with Maria around Maggiano's...and my father making a toast to Mary's mother! It was even cool giving my camera to Mary's daughter-in-law to take pictures during the ceremony - she had a better angle...I was the best man...stuck in the front!

The ceremony was small...it took place in Mary's backyard - Mary is my father's wife...I have known Mary since I was in high school! Anyway, the ceremony was in her backyard...she has a very nice garden...super nice! During the ceremony, they did the sand pouring ritual...but before they poured their sand in together, a few selected family members from each side of the family poured in the sand. It wasn't just my father and Mary "mixing"...it was the two families! That was pretty neat...

Here's a few fotos from the day...enjoy!


My family...and friends of the family...thank God for timers and tripods!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Wish we could have been there- Maria is gorgeous and your dad- very handsome in his tux! What a wonderful family!!!

    ReplyDelete