Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens!

This weekend I had sometime to hang-out with the family, so we went to the Jacksonville Arboretum.

My wife has gone a few times with the kids, but I have never gotten a chance to go with them...so this time I went...and I was totally surprised. See, the parking lot is bare...no trees...so at first glance, you may think the place is a little flaky...but that's b/c the Jacksonville Arboretum isn't complete. I saw the plans for the park...it's incredible! I don't know how long it will take them to complete it...it may take a while...it seems it's being completed by volunteers.

Anyway, once you leave the parking lot and enter the trails, you'll be surprised...check below at a few fotos I took...also, visit their website...visit the park (go on all the trails)...maybe you can volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment