Monday, August 31, 2009

The Holga Surprise...

This is what happens when you use a Holga...my Holga...
If you're not familiar with Holga's, don't feel bad...I'm just getting around to understanding them. Basically, a Holga is a cheap toy camera...made in the early 80's so that the common person in China could afford to take pictures...and then an uncommon people in the West got a hold of this cheap, plastic lens camera...and manipulated it beyond all imagination...some even won awards in photojournalism using this $20 something-dollar camera...

Here's my hand at it...the severe vignetting is done in camera...by manipulation...hence, extracting a certain piece inside the camera. Much tape is needed to prevent light leaks...and for all you photogs...this camera is stuck at 1/100 shutter speed...F/11 or 13 (depending on your source), and the suggested film speed is ASA/ISO 400...

Enjoy this strangeness...

3 comments:

  1. Well, I know nothing about your photographer jargon, but I like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I have a Franka 35mm plastic camera that I'm trying out now.

    ReplyDelete