Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby boy has a name and is home!

So my son was born a few days ago...but Rana and I hadn't come up with a name...Rana had chosen well over 100 hundred names to mull over...she did the same thing with our daughter...she makes it hard, but for Rana, the meaning of the name is the most important thing...to me - well, originality and a cool sound is good...and then a good strong meaning...so at the last minute, after months of research and "Ezra, what about Zakai, or Saliym, or Nury, or Ori, or, or, or......we finally agreed upon a name...it wasn't Rana's first one on her list...but it was up there...to me, it was up there...I had a premonition about a week ago...and out of all the names, his name just came to me...so out of love we chose his name....Taavi!

It derives from the Hebrew name David...but Taavi is the common name for David in Finland...and Taavi means "Beloved"...or "Beloved by God"...

Now our next challenge is keeping our daughter content...today was rough...
I knew last week would be the last days of our daughter being the only little one in the house...I was sad...almost guilty...maybe even felt some betrayal...well, today, those feelings came swelling up...

Man...she was not happy...at times she wanted to play, but I had to hold brother...or help Rana...and I just couldn't play...and she realized that it was because of brother...ouch!  She had fits...sadness...maybe even resentment...she even told me she liked it when it was just mommy, papi, and Sani...

Needless to say, papi is hurt...and is trying to figure out how we're going to balance this out...I don't want my first born...my daughter...to change...I want her to stay the same little Saniyah that's she's always been...and I know she will change...she is always changing...but I really don't want to mess anything up...that girl to me, is the most special soul, spirit, or whatever you call it, in the whole time of all existence...I can't even explain...

So if anyone out there has had two children (that were not twins) and were able to show them love at all times and bend over backwards for them at any given moment, please, please, tell me how...

1 comment:

  1. I had the same issue with my children - they are 18 mo. apart. I felt so guilty, and and the first time I got mad at my older son, because my protective instincts were honed in on my younger son, it was very weird and uncomfortable.

    When they're a little older and more on a peer level (to each other, than an infant and a toddler) things get easier. In the meantime, I highly recommend a sling. You can carry the baby around like a new appendage and still do everything you need to with the older one. I used one, and finally talked my boys' dad into using it, and we both loved it and used it all the time.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete