Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm done with classes!!!

I finally finished my certificate in Video Production at FCCJ (that's our local community college). It took me one year to complete...it was a lot of fun...and I made a lot of friends along the way...but what am I going to do with this certificate?

First, I got to get the certificate...see, I gave FCCJ Valparaiso University's transcript (that's where I got my 4 year degree)...but I took one class at University of South Florida (in Tampa, where I grew up and would go home for the summers)...My Valpo transcript shows that I got credits for the class, but it doesn't show anything else, so FCCJ says they need the actual transcript for that one class from USF in order to get my certificate...I can do that...but then what?

Well the good thing is that during my studies in Video Production, we learned a lot about photography and framing our shots...because photography and video are kind of similar (as far as creating an image...just watch TV...you'll see)...regardless, we studied some photography and were even given the chance to do it...and viola...I found what I want to do when I grow up - photography!

I have to say, my professor and friend, Marc Boese, gave me a lot of confidence in my early, raw photography skills (which are still pretty raw)...that confidence pushed me to learn more and more...so to him, thank you! And thanks for that book...I need to give it back, I guess....

Many have asked how I got into photography...where I studied, etc...well, this is pretty much how it happened...

Well...stay tuned...Late today I have to announce the winner of "the comments contest"...who's going to win that gift certificate???

No comments:

Post a Comment