Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My daughter, the photographer!

So you know the deal...no fotos of my daughter on the web...but what about fotos she has taken?

We're good there!  

Rana and I have been thinking of getting our 3 1/2 year young daughter a camera...but we realized that if we get her a Point & Shoot she might not want it because these cameras look distinctively different from my cameras and she would rather use what I'm using....anyone with children will understand this...

We also don't want to get her a kiddie camera either because we like to give our daughter the real deal!  We don't want to underestimate the talent and skills of our daughter....

So...I decided to search the web for big cameras...with detachable lenses (DSLRs)...and I found a used Nikon D1 for a real good price...(don't worry...the camera is from a reputable company)....

But then my wife asked, can she hold that kind of camera?  They are kind of bulky.  So I said, let's see....I gave my daughter one of my D300s and a back-up lens....told her to use the view finder...and press the button...

Look what she did below!

The stuffed animal all the way to the left used to be mine...look Ma...do you remember!
Her Papi working hard on Jennifer and Tim's fotos! 
Good use of lighting...and I love the negative space...like Ying/Yang!
Good shallow depth of field....

2 comments:

  1. Ezra,

    You are such a good Dad. I have been thinking about letting Hudson do this but was unsure about the weight of the equipment...I guess sometimes we just don't give our little ones enough credit. These pics are great! You should fame the one of the animals, that's my favorite!

    Take care.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete