Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Food #7 - a day late

I have been really busy the past week or so.  One day when things settle down, I'll have to write a blog or a book about these days.  

Well, because I am so busy I didn't have a chance to write a blog entry for Food yesterday...and that's ok, because I didn't have anything to write about...but today I do.

Today, during a group conversation, a person was stating how their job had changed it's hours - rather, months.  This person was stating that they used to work 10 months...and how it was hard when they had to go 12 months because during the summer all of her co-workers would be off.  This person stated she's better now with seeing her fellow workers take off for the summer, but she still wonders what she could be doing during those months off...and one thing she mentioned was traveling...she said she could travel.  And that hit me like a ton of bricks of sadness...

Food #7 - Don't settle for less in this life.  If you have dreams...things you want to do, places you want to see, experiences you want to experience, DO THEM!   Put your mind to it...set yourself up to achieve your dreams.  Yes, it is a mixture of being in the right place at the right time and having to push towards something...but you can do it.   So put yourself in a place where you can work towards achieving your dreams.  Don't miss out.  Don't be stuck in your office working while everyone is having the time of their life!

Redwood National Forest - one of the most fascinating places I have visited!

1 comment:

  1. True...will be doing a little travelin' myself soon :)

    ReplyDelete