Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tidbits #4 & Questions for me & some...

So yesterday I was quite busy, so I didn't have a chance to do "Questions for me."
But I also have to do "Tidbits" & I owe little recognition to my family in Puerto Rico...

Questions for me:

What inspired me to be a professional photographer?
Well, it all started when I realized I had a serious dislike for the 9-5 world...so I went to back to college to get a certificate in Video Production...and that's how I got into photography.  At that moment I knew I had to do something with the camera that I could earn a living...and then I ran into Pop Photo's 2007 Top Ten Wedding Photographers in the World....and that was it...I wanted to do that...

Are you the paparazzi camera man really up close and personal or do you try to blend into the background?  Depends...I could be both...there's a time for everything...and sometimes brides and grooms want you to do whatever it takes to get the shot...sometimes you have to blend to get the shot.  Thanks sis' in Portland for the question!

"Tidbits"
Ok...I left off last tidbit with me living in Riverview experiencing the most extreme boredom. 
During this time period I dropped football for basketball.  I played point guard...I played on the Jr. High team and High School team...I did double duty...and I averaged like 17-18 points a game...it was ridiculous.  After my 8th grade year, I asked if I could go back to public school.  So I started my freshman year @ East Bay High - the worst school you could attend in Hillsborough county in regards to sports!  I knew no one at the new school, but I was well equipped to handle solitude.  I did.  Kept to myself and walked with dignity...no one messed with me...thank God.  I played on the freshman team, but that was a joke....it wasn't until the following year that basketball got serious again.  Also, at this point my parents had adopted a couple of kids...this changed the house a little, but I still kept to myself...

Recognition to a family member in my mother's land:
This past Monday, a relative of mine passed away.  Benjamin lived many years.  He's always lived in Puerto Rico except during the time he served in the United States military.  He served in WWII.  During that time period he became mentally ill - possibly due to the things he witnessed and the shots they were giving him to prepare for battle.  

Last year, I had a chance to visit Puerto Rico and I was able to talk to him...he was so kind...funny...and a true country man.  He lived poor...mentally ill...but he was content with the cards that were dealt to him (I honestly think the hills kept him happy).   Peace-out Benjamin...see you on the flip-side!



This is one of my favorite fotos of all time...

No comments:

Post a Comment